Do It Yourself Curtains (In less than an hour)










So, I wanted some curtains for our bedroom and I didn't want to pay a fortune. I just happened to have some gorgeous silk fabric hanging around the house, so while I was watching Oprah, I made some myself. You can do it too, here's how:

1. Measure your window and see how long you would like your curtains. Make sure you have enough fabric.

2. Cut your fabric, knowing that you need a hem on the sides and top and bottom. Once you have done your measurements, I allowed a 2" hem on the sides, a 4" hem on the bottom and 6" on the top (just in case I wanted to add grommets later).

3. Start with the sides, measure one inch and pin, then fold it over itself so that you have a finished edge (using 2" of fabric) now pin again, removing your first pins.

4. Use your sewing machine and make a hem. Do this on both sides of your fabric.

5. The top and bottom will be done the same way. Only the bottom will have a 4" hem and the top has 6" (you don't have to do it that way, I just did this time).

6. Add your choice of hanging options. In this case, I used curtain clips (by them at any craft place or fabric store).

That's easy enough, right?!? If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. the possibilities are endless with this project! Usually, if you can imagine it, you can make it happen! :)

Comments

Popular Posts