Albert Handell Mentorship Program: Day Five


Day Five of this artistic journey was bittersweet because I knew the painting part of my trip was almost over.  We painted more rocks and the wind and weather didn't really want to cooperate.  But, I wanted to get the most out of every last second, so I worked next to Albert that day too.  It so cool to watch him work, to see the way he surveys the land for something to paint and then he uses creative license to create a masterpiece that pops off the page.

Each evening, Albert gave us a critique.  Since this was our last painting day, we received an in depth critique of all of the week's work...it was really neat to see how much I had grown! When I got there, I had no idea what I was doing...never really painted plein air before and I didn't even know where to begin.  On this last day, I hadn't really finished many paintings, but I had done what I had set out to do...I painted every day and I learned so much I feel like my brain might explode.  I met so many great fellow artists and we shared the experience of a lifetime!  I am so excited to bring all the things I learned home with me and apply them to my art here in Atlanta...new adventures lie ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts